Sunday 11 August 2013

Byron bay and a little more

Just got back from a trip to Byron Bay last night, which is about an hour away in New South Wales. It was perfect. So beautiful and great weather and awesome people and a really cool beach town.
We went to the beach all day, out to a bar that had no dance floor but only dancing on tables, and did a beautiful sunrise hike to a lighthouse overlooking the water. It was a really awesome experience, although slightly scary while hiking at 4:30 am in the pitch black through the woods.
It was great to leave Griffith and the village for a weekend, and I definitely can't wait to go back.
A big group from UQ in Brisbane was also there and we made friends with Italian and Brazilian people and met up with GlobaLinks friends too who we are visiting next weekend in Brisbane.







Earlier last week my friends and i went to musical bingo. It was one of the most fun times I've had since being here, with most of the music during the game being 90's jams and throwbacks that were a blast to listen to. The dj picked me to do an air guitar contest which I then forfeited my spot in the finals to a 30 year old woman who had her husband there taking pictures of her. She ended up losing so I guess that was good riddance. Maybe I'll go back this week for revenge.





No comments:

Post a Comment